SpringWell seems to have hit the mark with their CF series whole-house water filter systems. When it comes to whole-home systems that are well designed, convenient to install, and contains all of the features you’d like to have in a whole-home filter system to reduce contaminants, rid water of any unpleasant odors from chlorine, and provide crystal clear water.
With three systems, the CF1, CF4, and CF+, no matter what the size of application you have there’s sure to be a system that will suit your needs.
- CF1 – Slightly more compact unit than CF4 and CF+. This unit offers flow rates ideal for house sizes with 1-3 bathrooms.
- CF4 – This system is 6” taller than the CF1, allowing for increased flow rates suitable for houses with 4-6 bathrooms.
- CF+ – For larger homes with 7+ bathrooms, the CF+ will be the ideal system.
Springwell Whol-House Filter Comparison Table
- Super easy installation with great owner installation guides and videos available.
- Unlike other brands, springwell water filters come with all the parts needed to get your system up and running and offer additional items that make installation even easier with their Clack connectors installation add-on kit.
- These systems are among the most aesthetically pleasing and are very sleek and don’t create an eye-sore in the garage or basement.
- Satisfaction guarantee. 6 month risk free!
- Lifetime warranty on their systems.
- Free shipping.
- Certified components for use with potable water systems.
- These systems as they come aren’t meant for water that has high bacterial loading such as surface water filtration.
- These systems are not to be used on water sources containing hydrogen sulfide, oils, Copper levels above 1.3 mg/l and high amounts of iron and/or mangases without additional prefiltration.
Springwell Whole Home Filter System Review
My Personal Thoughts
These systems are perfect to increase the drinking water experience for homeowners that have municipal drinking water supplies. They are ideal for removing overly offensive chlorine present in the water and create crystal clear water.
An impressive 99.6% contaminant removal of the following:
- Haloacetic acids
- … and more
With a capacity of 1,000,000 gallons or 10 years, these systems are well suited to be installed and just left alone. To increase the timeline of operation to reach the 10 year mark, all you have to do is make sure you are installing this system only on the water line feeding your house and not before a sprinkler system.
The fifth and final stage of this filter system includes a 5 micron sediment filter. As a size comparison, this is roughly the same size as a human red blood cell. This is more than enough to remove sediment such as sand, silt, and clay.
Springwell CF1: 9 GPM
Springwell CF4: 12 GPM
Springwell CF+: 20 GPM
*These flow rates are listed for incoming pressures of 28-80 PSI. If lower pressures are experienced, a booster pump would be needed to insure design flows are attained.
The last thing I want to order is a piece of equipment that is an absolute nightmare to install. With these SpringWell filters, the forethought to ensure customer ease of installation is very apparent. There’s a few key steps that can be overlooked like the soaking period for the carbon and the installation of the head onto the top of the filter unit. Like anything else you go to install, make sure to read the install manual and/or watch the installation videos ahead of time.
These systems are a piece of cake to maintain. Once they are installed, the only ongoing maintenance item that you have to stay on top of is the sediment filter changeout. This process is super easy and can be knocked out in a few minutes. Outside of that, you just set it and forget it!
- Carbon Filter Tank
- Sediment Filter Housing
- (1) x Sediment Filter
- Sediment Filter Spanner Wrench
- Sediment Filter Mounting Bracket
- (2) x MNPT fittings
- Tank Head for Carbon Filter
- Gasket and gasket lube
- Hose Bib Assembly
- Bypass valve
What’s NOT Included
- Garden hose for system soaking and flush.
- 1”x3” long PVC nipples (you’ll need to buy 3) If going with a CF+ unit, you’ll need to get (3) 1.5”x3” long PVC nipples.
- Drill with 3/16” drill bit.
- 1” PVC shut off valve
- (1) 1” (24 – inch long) corrugated water connectors. If going with a CF+ unit, you’ll need to get (1) 1.5”x 24 – inch long corrugated water connector.
- (2) 1” (24 – inch long) corrugated water connectors. If going with a CF+ unit, you’ll need to get (2) 1.5”x 24 – inch long corrugated water connector.
- Wrench and pliers
Additional System Features
Upflow 4 stage filtration design. This technology allows for the most contact time on the market for your water. This enables the filter to remove an impressive 99.6% of chlorine and other contaminants. This is among the highest in the market for whole home filters.
There are several additional upgrades that can be added to this filter array to take your water filtration to another level at relatively low cost.
Easy installation kit– allows you to forgo that trip to the hardware store to purchase those extra parts needed for piping connections.
UV– eliminates microbiological sources in your water.
RO– removal of calcium from water source as well as additional contaminants such as heavy metals.
Customer Service and Reviews
The SpringWell filters come highly rated with over 770 5 star reviews. Some of the more recent reviews stated,
- “Nice quality. Water quality is drinkable from tap. Does a very good job removing chlorine.”
- “Great system, Great service”
- “Our water when we moved in had a metal taste and we know CFO is present so we made installing a whole house water filter first priority. We bought this one with the UV filter and could not be happier with the results. It’s nice to have yummy water from every water source.”
Springwell CF vs. Other Whole House Filters
Conclusion – Who’s it Best For?
Springwell’s filter systems are for the homeowners out there that have some extra floor space available and want the best performing product to attain bottle like flavor in there water. This system utilizes some of the same technology manufacturers use in the bottled water industry.
If you have the space in your garage or basement, these filters should be at the top of your list.
CF1: Homeowner’s with 1-3 bathrooms
CF4: Homeowners with 4-6 bathrooms
CF+: Homeowners with 7+ bathrooms