The AquaTru countertop water filter truly stands out from the rest of the crowd.
Its design and engineering immediately caught my eye because it didn’t look like anything I’d seen previously. The opportunity to try the AquaTru filter unit was very enlightening and enjoyable.
This AquaTru review will take a deep dive into this water purifier to determine if it’s the right choice for your home.
Other Helpful Resources: Best Countertop Reverse Osmosis Systems
AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Filter Specs and Features
|The AquaTru countertop purifier measures 14 inches in height, 14 inches in depth, and 12 inches in width.
|It has a tap water tank capacity of 1 gallon and a clean water tank capacity of 3 quarts.
|AquaTru features a patented 4-stage Ultra Reverse Osmosis filtration system. It also comes with the option of adding an alkaline mineral boost VOC filter.
|The filtration system includes a pre-filter, an ultra-fine reverse osmosis filter, and an activated coconut black carbon filter.
|Achieve an impressive 3:1 pure-to-drain ratio, ensuring its counterparts’ highest water utilization rate.
|With a flow rate of 4-5 gallons per hour, you can enjoy purified water in just seconds.
|Filter replacement is recommended every 6 months to 2 years or every 600-1200 gallons.
|It removes various contaminants, including arsenic, lead, chlorine, fluoride, and many others, as certified to NSF standards.
|The AquaTru purifier requires no installation or plumbing hookups and operates off a 120-volt AC wall plug.
|The system includes a digital display that alerts users when to change the filters.
|Automatic Cleaning System
|Not specifically mentioned, but the system is designed for ease of use with features like easy filter change and a one-touch dispensing button.
|AquaTru offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year limited warranty.
As a water filtration expert, I find the AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Filter particularly impressive.
Its patented 4-stage Ultra Reverse Osmosis system is a standout feature, efficiently removing contaminants like lead, chlorine, fluoride, and nitrates. I also appreciate its compact dimensions of 14 inches all around, making it an ideal fit for any kitchen countertop.
The ease of installation, with no plumbing hookups required, and the long-lasting filters that need replacement only every 600-1200 gallons also add to its appeal.
Overall, the AquaTru offers a convenient and effective solution for anyone seeking high-quality filtered water.
I’ve seen a variety of units, but the AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Filter caught my attention for its specific design and functionality.
This review will delve into the key aspects of the AquaTru, including its design, filter technology, contaminant removal capabilities, filter lifespan, maintenance requirements, and the warranty and customer service offered.
The AquaTru system stands out with its compact, modern design, ideal for countertop use. It doesn’t just look good; it’s also practical.
The digital display is a helpful feature, providing essential information like filter lifespan and water levels at a glance.
While it doesn’t possess any particularly unique features, its design meets all the essential requirements of a modern countertop RO system.
I found the features of AquaTru’s water filter were revolutionary; the designers and engineers know what works and what doesn’t work in filter systems.
They came up with some innovative (I think common sense) engineering and design ideas that have taken countertop water filters to the next level.
Patented 4-stage Filtration System
- Stage 1 works as a pre-filter and removes sand, dirt, rock, and debris from the water to better enable the remaining filters to do their work.
- Stage 2 is an activated charcoal filter that removes as much as 99% of the contaminants which makes the water drinkable at this point, but there’s more to come.
- Stage 3 is the Ultra Reverse Osmosis technology filter that removes toxic inorganic contaminants like lead, trace pharmaceuticals, and Chromium-6.
- Stage 4 is a Coconut shell activated carbon filter that eliminates all toxic organic materials taking the water purity level to 99.9999% pure.
Contaminants Removed in Filtered Water
The AquaTru system impressively reduces a broad range of contaminants.
In my tests, I observed significant reductions in common contaminants such as:
- Total dissolved solids
The filtration efficiency is quite high, often achieving a 100% reduction in several of these contaminants.
One of the benefits I found with the AquaTru countertop water filter system was the longevity of the filters.
- Filter #1 and #2: Pre/Carbon Filters – these dual-function filters last about 6 months before they need to be replaced.
- Filter #3: Ultra Reverse Osmosis Filter – this filter lasts for two years or 1,200 gallons.
- Filter #4: Carbon VOC Filter – this final filter lasts for one year or 600 gallons.
Setting up the AquaTru is straightforward and requires minimal installation. The filters come partially assembled, and priming them is as simple as running a few tanks of water through the system.
Maintenance includes regular cleaning of the water tanks and the unit’s exterior and occasional flushing of the filters with pure water.
Warranty and Customer Service
The company offers a 30-day No-Questions Asked Money-Back Guarantee as well as a 1-year warranty.
Aquatru also has very good customer service so that won’t be an issue if you’re considering purchasing from them.
What the Public Thinks of AquaTru Water
Many people have found the AquaTru countertop water filter to be just the ticket for them and their families. Office workers and homeowners alike have been talking up the benefits and value of the AquaTru water filter for a long time.
Here are just a couple of the Aqua Tru reviews I thought were particularly revealing:
What We Like About AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Filter (Pros)
- Digital Display: This feature eliminates the guesswork involved in filter maintenance. The display clearly indicates when it’s time to replace the filters, ensuring optimal water quality and system performance.
- Easy Dispensing Button: Unlike systems with cumbersome lever handles or twist knobs, this system features a simple push-button for dispensing water. This design makes it convenient and user-friendly, particularly for children or those with limited hand strength.
- Screw-in Filters: These filters are designed to be easily screwed in for a secure fit, reducing the risk of improper installation and potential leaks. This design contrasts favorably with other systems where filters may not secure as tightly, leading to efficiency and leakage issues.
- Space-Saving Design: Ideal for smaller kitchens or areas with limited counter space. The compact design of this system allows it to fit neatly in most spaces without cluttering the area.
- Eco-Friendly: By reducing dependency on bottled water, this system is an environmentally conscious choice. It helps in minimizing plastic waste and the carbon footprint associated with the transportation of bottled water.
- Improved Taste and Odor: The filtration process significantly enhances the taste and odor of the water. This makes it more appealing for drinking and cooking, leading to better hydration and more enjoyable beverages and meals.
What We Don’t Like About AquaTru Countertop Reverse Osmosis Filter (Cons)
- Small Water Tank: With a capacity of only 1 gallon, this system may require frequent refilling, especially in households with high water consumption. This could be inconvenient for larger families or during gatherings.
- Limited Filtration Capability: While effective for basic filtration, this system might not be as effective in filtering out certain contaminants compared to more advanced systems. This could be a concern in areas with poor water quality.
- High Filter Cost: The cost of replacement filters can be relatively high, adding to the overall expense of the system. This recurring cost factor could be a significant consideration for budget-conscious consumers.
In general, whole-house water filtration costs more than a stand-alone filter system due to the installation costs and maintenance costs over time.
Other Notable Countertop Water Systems:
- SimPure Y7P-BW UV Countertop Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration Purification System Review
- Bluevua Countertop RO Review
The AquaTru water filter is a good product with some unique features that I thought were pretty cool.
However, when compared to other competitive products available today, the price and the limited amount of capacity make this product less valuable than others, in my opinion.
While I do like the raised tap that makes it easier to dispense water and the see-thru plastic water tank, I find the price to be more than I’m willing to pay.
Overall because of those reasons, I would recommend the Bluevua Countertop RO for a more affordable countertop water filter or a SimPure Y7O-BW UV Countertop RO for those looking for a more advanced system.