Waterdrop Faucet Filter Review
It will nicely enhance the taste, odor, and looks of any tap water that is fairly decent quality to begin with. This Waterdrop brand faucet filter does this through the use of an advanced activated carbon block filter.
I am familiar with this type of filtration from my many years spent in the swimming pool industry and it’s a filter type that will remove an abundance of larger size contaminants.
Overview of the Waterdrop Faucet Filter
There certainly are some aspects of the Waterdrop Faucet Filter that I really like.
For starters, they have included a generous 320-gallon size water filter cartridge that will last up to 3 months and the company also made a wise choice by using activated carbon filtration.
The flow rate on the unit is exceptional for a faucet-style water filter and the 30-day no-questions-asked guarantee it comes with is very generous by the manufacturer.
Lack of color choices and the manufacturer being a little vague on what it does and does not filter out of tap water are concerns too.
Here is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of using it:
- NSF/ANSI 42 & 372 certified
- Large 320-gallon filter capacity
- Generous 0.5 GPM flow rate
- Activated carbon block filter w/pre-filtration
- Large, Easy working activation handle
- 30-day satisfaction guarantee
- No filter change indicator
- A bit bulky in size for some faucets
- Only available in white
- Hard plastic body
- Replacement filters only available in 3-packs
What to Consider Before Buying a Faucet Attached Water Filter
Most people use them to improve the taste, smell, and color of their water along with removing some basic impurities. They also are only meant to produce small amounts of enhanced water at a time.
They are not to be confused with whole-house water purification systems that do a much better job than faucet water filters when it comes to extensively purifying large amounts of water.
Here are some of the main considerations when looking to buy a faucet-attached water filter:
- Contaminants removed: Does it remove solids, liquids, or any other contaminants
- Filter life/Filter change indicator: The number of gallons a filter cartridge can be used for before it needs to be replaced/Does it have a filter change indicator?
- Ease of installation: What level of mechanical aptitude does a person need to install it and are there tools required
- Flow rate: How many gallons/minute pass through a filter
- Price Point: Price of a water filter and its associated replacement filter cartridges
- Listed certifications: Does it come with any certifications from independent testing agencies
- Durability/Construction: What is the unit’s shell made out of and can it stand up well to wear and tear
- Looks: Finish color/Is it streamlined or big and bulky in size
Main Features and Benefits of the Waterdrop Faucet Filter
320 Gallon Filter Capacity
Standard filter life in many faucet attached water filters is usually around 100 to 200 gallons.
Activated Carbon Block Filter W/Pre-Filtration
There is also an included pre-filter which is designed to eliminate larger particles and sediment from your tap water. This helps extend the life of the activated carbon block filter too.
Above Average Flow Rate
It has a very steady 0.5 GPM flow rate when it’s activated.
30-day Satisfaction Guarantee
I like this for two reasons. One is it lessens your risk when purchasing it. The other reason is the manufacturer has enough confidence in the quality of this product to make this offer. That is always a good sign.
Installation & Maintenance
That’s most likely due to needing a special tool to get the existing aerator out of the end of the faucet. This tool is not included in the package.
There are 3 included external thread faucet adapters and 3 included internal thread faucet adapters.
If you do purchase this model faucet water filter, you will want to watch this YouTube video before installing it.
Social Proof & Review consensus
This customer with 3 children liked the larger filtration size for the heavy use it gets and stated that she likes everything about it including the improved water taste.
Here is another user that expressed overall satisfaction with the Waterdrop Faucet Filter. Specifically mentioned were its flow, the ease of installation, and again the taste of the water it produced.
This purchaser bought this Waterdrop water filter after having a bad experience with another brand of faucet-attached water filter. They consider it to be a big step up from their previous water filter.
A Final Opinion on the Waterdrop Faucet Filter
I must admit I am very neutral when it comes to this model water filter. That’s because the Waterdrop Faucet Filter has some good traits and there are areas where it can use some improvement.
It’s a good faucet water filter overall but maybe not the best
Some of the characteristics that I like about it are its activated carbon block filter, its 320-gallon filter life, and its above-average flow rate.
Areas that can use improvement include the fact that it only comes in white, the manufacturer did not make available a detailed list of the contaminants it filters, and no indicator tells you when it’s time to change the filter.
So, while it’s not my #1 choice, I won’t advise you against purchasing it either.
Check out more details on the Waterdrop Faucet Filter.