If you have well water coming into your home and you are searching for a new whole house filter, then your choices will be more limited than if you were serviced by a municipal water supply.
Does that mean you can’t find a good whole house well water filtration system that works for you?
That’s not the case at all. As a matter of fact, there are some very good whole house well water filters out there in the marketplace.
A case in point is the Springwell WS Series Whole house well water filters. They tend to be as good as any whole house filter regardless of whether it’s made to treat well water or city-supplied water.
That’s why I thought it would be a good idea to take a much closer look at this highly-rated line of well water whole house filtration systems.
Table of Contents
Springwell WS Series Whole House Well Water Filter Features
Here are a few of the features that make the Springwell WS1 & WS4 filters (Note: these filters are also called media, whole home, and point of entry water filters) some of the better whole house well water filtration systems that you will find:
Air Injection Oxidizing Filter System
The Springwell WS Series filters use a unique means to significantly reduce or remove some of the most concerning well water contaminants.
This is done by what the company refers to as ‘Air Injection Oxidizing’. It will help the system accomplish the following in regards to enhancing your well water’s quality:
- Iron removal up to 7 PPM
- Hydrogen Sulfide removal up to 8 PPM
- Manganese removal up to 1 PPM
Included 5-Micron Spin Down Sediment Filter
If your home is supplied by well water, then chances are at some point you will have to deal with sediment issues.
You don’t have to worry about this with the Springwell WS1 & WS4 Whole House Well Water Filters because you will get an included sediment filter in the package.
That way, you don’t have to worry about such nuisance sediments as sand, silt, clay, dirt, and many others making their way through the system and out of your taps.
Programmable Control Head
If you are the type of person that likes to keep things simple regarding home water treatment, then you will enjoy the programmable control head that comes with all models of Springwell WS Series Whole House Well Water Filters.
It enables you to set it and forget it as far as running the water filtration process and its important backwashing cycles (cleans the system). They even have a Bluetooth connection feature that enables you to program these units remotely.
Versatility/Good Flow Rates
Springwell is a company that has been in the water filtration business for over 20-years now. That means they realize that buying a point of entry (POE) well water filter should not be a one-size-fits-all scenario.
It’s the reason that they offer two different whole house well water filter models. That way you don’t have to pay extra for water treatment capability that exceeds your needs.
- The WS1 can meet the well water treatment needs of a home with 1 to 4 bathrooms and supply it with a very generous 12 gallons per minute (GPM) water flow while doing that.
- The WS4 can meet the well water treatment needs of a home with 4+ bathrooms and supply it with a very generous 20 gallons per minute (GPM) water flow while doing that.
Many System Enhancing Add-Ons Are Available
If you want to make your Springwell WS Series whole house filter into a super water treatment system, then adding any or all of the following add-ons that are available for them will do that:
- UV Water Purification System: Although the main filter media in the Springwell POE water filters removes many contaminants, it will not render bacteria harmless without the addition of one of these.
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking System: If having just about the highest quality drinking water you can get is important to you, then adding this system will help you towards achieving that goal.
- Salt Based Water Softener System: These are designed to eliminate the problems that hard water minerals that are often found in well water cause.
Springwell mentions that every well has different contaminants present inside of it and they recommend home water testing with a quality water test kit to determine the need for add-ons.
Here are the many advantages and disadvantages that you get when you make a Springwell WS Series filtration system your POE water filter of choice.
- Air Injection Oxidizing Filter System
- Handles tough Iron, hydrogen sulfide, and manganese removal
- Programmable control head
- Many system enhancing add-ons available
- Very low maintenance
- DIY installation possible
- Made with certified components
- Lifetime guarantee on tank and valves
- 6-month money-back guarantee
- Free shipping
- High initial cost
- Backwashing (cleaning cycle) produces wastewater
- Does not remove chlorine, bacteria, or VOCs without add-on help
With even minimal plumbing knowledge, you should be able to easily install either one of these Springwell WS Series filters.
It helps that almost everything you need except for some connecting pipe and fittings is included in the package. This includes:
- The Air Injection Oxidizing Filter
- Electronic/Programmable Tank Head
- 50′ Drain Line
- Bypass Valve
- Hose Clamps
- Spin Down Sediment Filter
- Owner’s manual/Installation Instructions
Maintenance on these whole home water filters is very minimal. This is aided by the fact each unit has a programmable control head.
About the only manual maintenance that has to be done on them is cleaning out the system’s spin-down sediment filter about once every six months.
Additional unprogrammed backwashing cycles may also have to be initiated if there is an unexpected water pressure drop in your house due to contaminant buildup in the system.
How Do They Stack Up Against Competitors?
So, you are interested to see how well the Springwell WS Series filters do when compared to other well water POE filtration systems?
The simple answer is that they have features that are on par with or better than most well water filters that are available.
Proof of that is that we looked at many of the top well water whole home filters that are available and we chose the Springwell WS Series models as our #1 choice.
Simply put, you would be hard-pressed to find a better point of entry water filter that’s made to treat well water in the marketplace.
Summing Up the Springwell WS1 & WS4 Whole House Well Water Filters
We here at Water Tech Advice take our review lists very seriously. The fact that the Springwell WS Series Whole House Well Water Filters occupy the #1 spot on our list of the best well water filters should tell you just how much we like them.
My extensive water treatment background tells me that anyone that has well water coming into their home needs to take some steps to improve its quality.
Choosing either the Springwell WS1 or WS4 point of entry filter systems will help you enhance the quality of your well water in a way that few water filtration systems can.
Also, make sure to check out our Springwell water filtration reviews to see all of their top products.