As someone who loves to drink water, I was really excited to try out the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher.
I had seen a lot of good things about it online, and I was curious to see if these water filters lived up to the hype.
I have to say, I was impressed!
The pitcher is very easy to use, and it really does filter out a lot of impurities from your drinking water leaving you with great water quality. My filter water tasted noticeably cleaner and fresher after using this pitcher, and I’m definitely going to continue using it in the future.
If you’re looking for a good water filtration system, I would highly recommend the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher. It’s an affordable and effective way to improve the quality of your unfiltered water, and it’s easy to use too. I’m definitely a fan!
Clearly Filtered has seriously stepped up its game in the water pitcher filtration market today in order to remove tap water contaminants.
In this Clearly Filtered water pitcher review, we will detail everything about their water pitcher to help you determine if this is the best solution on the market for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
- 2 Main Technical Specifications of Clearly Filtered Pitcher
- 3 Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filtration Technology
- 4 Clearly Filtered Pitcher Contaminant Reduction Data
- 5 Tap Water Filter Life & Replacement
- 6 Clearly Filtered Warranty & Guarantee
- 7 How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
- 8 Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Pros & Cons
- 9 Do You Know What’s In Your Water?
- 10 How To Use The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
- 11 Clearly Filtered Frequently Asked Questions
- 12 Conclusion
Overview of Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
- Filtration Stages
- What Does The Clearly Water Pitcher Remove?
- How Much Water Can The Pitcher Hold?
- What is the Cost of Additional Filters?
- Filter Lifespan
- Pitcher Design
- Ease Of Use
This pitcher is made in the USA and is BPA-free, making it a safe option for your family.
The pitcher is designed to be easy to use, and it comes with a handy indicator light that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filters.
It’s also dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
The Clearly water pitcher features a 3-stage filtration process that includes a woven stainless steel mesh screen, granulated coconut carbon filter, and an Affinity Filtration Technology composite shell filter.
What Does The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Remove?
The Clearly water pitcher strainer removes over 365 contaminants from your drinking water, including metals, fluoride, chlorine, and more while leaving the healthy minerals behind for clean water.
This combination of pitcher filters effectively removes contaminants from your water, leaving you with clean, safe water to drink.
How Much Water Can The Pitcher Hold?
The Clearly water pitcher has a capacity of 10 cups (80 ounces), making it a good option for small families or individuals who want to have filtered water on hand.
What is the Cost of Replacement Filters?
Additional filters for the Clearly Filtered water pitcher cost $49.50
The average strainer life in the Clearly water pitcher is roughly 4 months, and the filter cartridge should be replaced then, or after water filtration of roughly 100 gallons of water.
The Clearly Filtered water pitcher has a sleek, modern design that will look good on your countertop.
It’s made from BPA-free plastic, and it’s dishwasher-safe for easy cleaning.
Ease Of Use
The Clearly water pitcher is very easy to use. Simply fill up the top reservoir with tap water and let the filtration process do its job leaving you with peace of mind knowing that the strainer is doing its job to get you clean water.
The pitcher comes with a handy indicator light that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filters and it has a water dam at the top.
Clearly Filtered has produced a top-of-the-line water pitcher that they claim is the “most powerful” on the market with its Affinity Filtration Technology.
Traditionally, water pitchers have been just ok at filtering water giving you water that’s good enough but doesn’t really remove a ton of contaminants.
In this Clearly Filtered review, you will see that the biggest difference with Clearly Filtered’s model is that the water filters remove 99.7% of 365+ harmful contaminants coming from your tap water and/or well water supply which is more contaminants than most other brands and provides excellent water quality.
It’s also the only pitcher that’s NSF tested to all standards 42, 53, 244, 401 & 473.
Overall, you will see why we think this pitcher is one of the best on the market today after reviewing the details below.
Clearly’s main products include reverse osmosis systems, water pitchers, undersink filters, and refrigerator filters. Their main differentiator is the sleek design their products are made with as well as their quality Affinity filtration technology.
Main Technical Specifications of Clearly Filtered Pitcher
- The Clearly Pitcher is made of medical-grade materials that are BPA- and phthalate-free so it does not leach chemicals or emit any odors or bad tastes into your filtered water.
- The pitcher was made to hold 80 ounces of water (10 cups).
- Oversized easy-grip handle
- Keeps unfiltered water from leaking out as you pour with a built-in water dam or top reservoir.
- Fluoride, lead, microplastics, PFASs, and glyphosate are all removed by the patented Affinity® Filtration Technology. It also removes 365+ additional pollutants in tap water. This filter, in comparison to other water filter pitchers, removes a lot more.
- We have our pitcher independently tested to meet or exceed the NSF standards (42, 53, 244, 401, and 473). They also measure up to three times the legal limit for each contaminant.
- 100-gallon filter life, which means it can provide clean and safe drinking water for an average of 4 months before needing to be replaced. That’s about 2 months longer than the leading brand name pitcher purifier.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filtration Technology
Clearly Filtered offers Affinity Filtration Technology which uses 7 different strainer materials to remove a ton of contaminants from heavily contaminated tap water while leaving the beneficial minerals.
Here’s a list of the main contaminants that are removed with the Clearly water pitcher:
- Herbicides (including glyphosate)
And over 365 other harmful contaminants.
Here are the basic filtration stages:
- The first stage is a pre-filter that captures larger sediment particles. Woven Mesh Screen – Water first passes through a woven mesh screen and the strainer removes the majority of larger particles from entering the filter.
- The second stage uses a Granulated Coconut Carbon block that removes lead, mercury, and other heavy metals. In this stage, water enters the activated carbon filter which removes chlorine, bad tastes, and odors.
- Composite Shell – In the third stage, Clearly Filtered identifies itself. Water goes through a 7+-material Affinity Filtration Technology filter, which is unique to the company. It’s a dense strainer layer so it makes for slow filtering and water flow which allows it to have more contact time with the media for fluoride removal and eliminating tons of harmful contaminants for a greatly improved water taste that is better than bottled water.
It’s also important to note that Clearly Filtered is the sole pitcher filter, compared to all the pitchers on the market, that’s been tested to meet or exceed all NSF standards (42, 53, 244, 401, and 473).
The Affinity Filtration Technology uses a unique physical structure and magnetic-like chemical absorption to target a wide range of harmful contaminants.
The main difference in Clearly Filtered’s filter compared to typical filters is that it contains the composite shell Affinity Filtration Technology which is able to attract and stop a much larger range of contaminants.
Standards water pitchers use just a carbon or charcoal strainer which is good for removing odors and tastes but not a lot of other contaminants.
Clearly Filtered Pitcher Contaminant Reduction Data
This pitcher removes 365+ contaminants from your water compared to around 20-50 for standard filters.
Below are the contaminants that the Clearly filtered pitcher filter has shown to remove in testing.
|Contaminant Type||% Shown to Remove in Testing|
|Chemical Disinfectants (chlorine,|
|Perfluorinated Chemicals (PFAS, PFOA, |
|Herbicides (Glyphosate, Acifuorfen, |
Bemtazon, Chloramben, dalapon)
|Pharmaceutical Drugs (acetaminophen, |
caffeine, ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, bpa,
triclosan, nitrate, ibuprofen, progesterone)
|Heavy Metals (antimony, arsenic, cadmium,|
chromium-6, copper, iron, lead, nickel)
|Semi-Volatile Compounds (½-dichlorobenzene, ⅓-dichlorobenzene)||99.9%|
|Radiological Elements (plutonium, radium,|
uranium, gross alpha, thorium)
|Volatile Organic Compounds (chloroform, |
|Pesticides (aldrin, atrazine, bromacil, |
|Bacteria, Cysts & Microorganisms (E coli,|
cryptosporidium, giardia, klebsiella, pseudomona)
You can see from the test data that this filter packs a serious punch against a ton of harmful contaminants that a typical strainer may not eliminate.
Tap Water Filter Life & Replacement
So you’re probably wondering what the average filter life is and how much it costs to replace it.
Clearly Filtered’s pitcher filter has a 100-gallon capacity per filter.
This means that if you are filling the pitcher 2x per day or using 1 gallon a day then it will last you about 100 days or just a bit more than 3 months.
To keep it simple here is a rough timeline for the amount of water usage and for roughly how many people:
- Families: 2–3 months
- Couples: 3–4 months
- Individuals: 4–6 months
To order a new filter all you have to do is go online and place your order. Replacement filters typically run for $50 on the website or less with a bulk purchase.
If you want to save 10% on your filter replacements forever then you can join their VIP program which will ship you a filter on your exact timeline.
It’s super easy to replace and install the new filters as you just twist them out and screw the new one back in.
The pitcher’s upper section reservoir or water dam holds half gallons if it’s full, then the water pass over the filter to the reservoir below, from which clear, filtered water can be poured.
It’s ideal for families and large gatherings, with a larger capacity of 80 ounces. It has an interesting design, is simple to pour and transport, and fits well in a refrigerator door.
The filter cartridge is 100 gallons and has an average filter life of 4 months. In light water, a filter can last up to six months, while larger households could need a filter every two weeks – it depends upon your daily water consumption.
- If you buy in bulk or subscribe for automatic delivery for a replacement filter to a specified address, you can save 10%.
- Keep the pitcher away from sunlight and away from heat sources (heat promotes algae growth).
- You should use standard cleaning procedures to prevent algae.
Clearly Filtered Warranty & Guarantee
Clearly Filtered stands by its pitcher and offers some quality guarantees.
Below is what they offer:
- Limited lifetime guarantee
- 30-day worry-free trial
- Made in the USA with medical-grade materials
How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
|Standard Carbon Filter||Zero Water||Invigorated Water|
|Capacity||10 cups||8 cups||8-10 cups||8 cups||8 cups|
|Made in||USA||China||Mexico||Not sure||USA|
|Filter Life||100 gallons||40 gallons||20 gallons||96 gallons||150 gallons |
say how much
|99.9%||x||x||x||Doesn’t say |
say how much
say how much
As you can see from the comparison chart above Clearly Filtered is clearly one of the best pitchers on the market today with its innovative Affinity Filtration Technology. Aquagear and Invigorated water also have good products but they don’t quite filter out the same amount of contaminants that Clearly Filtered does although Aquagear is a close second.
The other thing to notice is that Clearly Filtered offers you full access to their testing data and product information while a lot of these other brands I had to really dig to find information on their products.
It says a lot when a brand is willing to show you their testing data and exact specifications of each product they manufacture. Most of the time this means they really believe in the filtered water they have produced.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Pros & Cons
After reviewing most of the details of the product here are the main pros and cons I thought were most appropriate.
- Affinity filtration technology removes 365+ harmful contaminants
- Independently tested to all NSF standards
- Retains natural minerals and nutrients
- BPA free materials
- Filter lasts for 3-4 months or 100 gallons
- Holds 10 cups
- Made in the USA with medical grade materials
- Awesome company and customer service
- Free shipping in the USA
- Higher priced pitcher on the market at $90
- Additional filters are $50 apiece every 3 months
Do You Know What’s In Your Water?
Below are some of the usual culprits that are found most commonly in drinking water.
- Bacteria & Cysts
Clearly Filtered pitcher filters remove over 365+ contaminants from your water including many of the harmful ones listed above.
Not all filter pitchers are created equal and many only remove a handful of these items. Clearly Filtered’s 3-stage filtration process packs quite a punch against a ton of harmful contaminants that a typical filter may not eliminate.
How To Use The Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Using the Clearly Filtered water pitcher is pretty simple and straightforward.
Here are the basic steps:
- Fill up the pitcher with water from your tap.
- Let the water sit in the pitcher for 15 minutes to allow the filtration process to work.
- Pour yourself a glass of clean, filtered water, and enjoy!
- Be sure to replace the filter every 100 gallons or every 4 months, whichever comes first.
- You’ll know it’s time to replace the filter when the indicator light on the pitcher turns red.
Clearly Filtered Frequently Asked Questions
Is Clearly Filtered Water Safe?
Concerned about the safety of Clearly Filtered water? Don’t be!
- All of their products are tested to NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 401, and P473.
- They also test to EPA standards for VOCs, TDS, and Microplastics.
- In addition, all of their products are BPA-free.
- The pitcher is made in the USA with medical-grade materials.
So you can rest assured that the water you’re drinking is safe and clean.
How Long Does The Filter Last?
Each filter pitcher filter will last for 100 gallons or 4 months, whichever comes first. You’ll know it’s time to replace the filter when the indicator light on the pitcher turns red.
Where Can I Buy Replacement Filters?
Conveniently, replacement filters can be purchased directly from the Clearly Filtered website.
- 1 Replacement filter will cost $49.50
- A 3-pack Clearly Filtered filters are $139.50
- A 6-pack is $274.50
Is Clearly Filtered Better Than Brita Filters?
Incidentally, I just did a side-by-side comparison of these two water filter pitchers not too long ago. Out of the two, I have to say that I prefer the Clearly Filtered pitcher.
I like that it removes more contaminants than the Brita and I also like that you can see exactly when it’s time to replace the filter.
The one downside is that replacement filters are a bit pricey at $50 apiece.
Overall, though, I think the Clearly Filtered pitcher is the better choice.
Overall, the Clearly Filtered water pitcher is an excellent choice if you’re looking for a quality filter pitcher that can remove a wide range of contaminants.
As you can see from all the information provided in the Clearly Filtered review, the water pitcher is a great option for anyone who wants to improve the quality of their water. It’s an affordable and effective way to remove contaminants from your water, and it’s easy to use too.
We highly recommend the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher for your home.
After reviewing many other models that you can see on our main review here, Clearly Filtered is our #1 recommendation as the best water filter pitcher due to the filter technology and product quality.
They also have an awesome under-sink water filter if you’re looking to install a unit for your sink faucet.
Be sure to use our exclusive 10% OFF coupon discount by entering Watertechadvice10 at checkout!