Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Review
Then you’re in the right place.
Clearly Filtered has seriously stepped up their game in the water pitcher filtration market.
In this review, we will detail everything about their water filter pitcher to help you determine if this is the best solution on the market for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Overview of Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
- 2 Technical Specifications of Filter Pitcher
- 3 Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filtration Technology
- 4 Clearly Filtered Pitcher Contaminant Reduction Data
- 5 Filter Life & Replacement
- 6 Clearly Filtered Warranty & Guarantee
- 7 How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
- 8 Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Pros & Cons
- 9 Conclusion
Overview of Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher
Clearly Filtered has produced a top of the line water pitcher that they claim is the “most powerful” on the market.
Traditionally, water filter pitchers have been just ok at filtering water giving you water that’s good enough but doesn’t really remove a ton of contaminants.
The biggest difference with Clearly Filtered’s model is that the filter removes 99.7% of 232+ harmful contaminants coming from your tap water supply.
It’s also the only pitcher that’s NSF tested to all standards 42, 53, 244, 401 & 473.
Overall, you will see why we think this filter pitcher is one of the best on the market after reviewing the details below.
The main products that Waterdrop sells are reverse osmosis systems, water filter pitchers, undersink filters, and refrigerator filters. Their main differentiator is the sleek design their products are made with as well as their quality reverse osmosis filtration technology.
Technical Specifications of Filter Pitcher
Here are the main technical specs of the pitcher:
- 100% BPA free, phthalate-free, medical-grade Tritan® materials. This ensures it doesn’t leach chemicals or emit any odors or bad tastes into your filtered water.
- The slim-design pitcher was designed to hold 80 ounces of water (10 cups)
- Oversized easy-grip handle
- Contains a built-in water dam that keeps unfiltered water from spilling out while pouring
Here are the main technical specs of the filter:
- Proprietary Affinity Filtration Technology removes fluoride, lead, microplastics, PFAS, glyphosate, and a total of 232+ of the most harmful and dangerous tap water contaminants.
- Clearly Filtered is the only pitcher filter independently tested to meet or exceed all NSF standards (42, 53, 244, 401, and 473). They also test at levels up to 3 times the legal limit for each contaminant.
- 100-gallon filter life, which means it can provide clean and safe drinking water for an average of 4 months before needing to be replaced. That’s about 2 months longer than the leading brand name pitcher filter.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Filtration Technology
Clearly Filtered offers affinity filtration technology which uses 7 different filter materials to remove a ton of contaminants.
Here are the basic filtration stages:
- Woven Mesh Screen
- Water first passes through a woven mesh stainless steel screen to remove the majority of larger particles from entering the filter.
- Granulated Coconut Carbon
- In stage 2, water enters the coconut carbon filter which removes chlorine, bad tastes, and odors
- Composite Shell
- In stage 3, this is where Clearly Filtered differentiates itself. Water passes through a proprietary filter containing 7+ different materials. It’s a dense filter layer so it slows down the water and allows it to have more contact time with the media eliminating tons of harmful contaminants.
- The affinity technology uses a unique physical structure and magnetic like chemical absorption to target a wide range of harmful contaminants.
The main difference in Clearly Filtered’s filter compared to typical filters is that it contains the composite shell affinity technology which is able to attract and stop a much larger range of contaminants. Standards water filter pitchers use just a carbon or charcoal filter which is good for removing odors and tastes but not a lot of other contaminants.
Clearly Filtered Pitcher Contaminant Reduction Data
This pitcher removes 220+ contaminants from your water compared to around 20-50 for standard filters.
You can also see the performance data on their website.
Below are the contaminants that Clearly Filtered has shown to remove in testing.
|Contaminant Type||% Shown to Remove in Testing|
|Chemical Disinfectants (chlorine,|
|Perfluorinated Chemicals (PFAS, PFOA, |
|Herbicides (Glyphosate, Acifuorfen, |
Bemtazon, Chloramben, dalapon)
|Pharmaceutical Drugs (acetaminophen, |
caffeine, ciprofloxacin, erythromycin, bpa,
triclosan, nitrate, ibuprofen, progesterone)
|Heavy Metals (antimony, arsenic, cadmium,|
chromium-6, copper, iron, lead, nickel)
|Semi-Volatile Compounds (½-dichlorobenzene, ⅓-dichlorobenzene)||99.9%|
|Radiological Elements (plutonium, radium,|
uranium, gross alpha, thorium)
|Volatile Organic Compounds (chloroform, |
|Pesticides (aldrin, atrazine, bromacil, |
|Bacteria, Cysts & Microorganisms (E coli,|
cryptosporidium, giardia, klebsiella, pseudomona)
You can see from the test data that this filter packs a serious punch against a ton of harmful contaminants that a typical water filter may not eliminate.
Filter Life & Replacement
So you’re probably wondering how long the filter will last and how much it costs to replace it.
Clearly Filtered’s pitcher filter has a 100 gallon capacity per filter.
This means that if you are filling the pitcher 2x per day or using 1 gallon a day then it will last you about 100 days or just a bit more than 3 months’ time.
To keep it simple here is a rough timeline for the amount of water usage:
- Families: 2–3 months
- Couples: 3–4 months
- Individuals: 4–6 months
To order a new filter all you have to do is go online and place your order. Replacement filters typically run for $50 on the website or less with a bulk purchase.
If you want to save 10% on your filter replacements forever then you can join their VIP program which will ship you a filter on your exact timeline.
It’s super easy to replace and install the new filters as you just twist them out and screw the new one back in.
Clearly Filtered Warranty & Guarantee
Below is what they offer:
- Lifetime guarantee
- 30-day worry-free trial
- Built-in USA
- Free shipping from their website
How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
How Does Clearly Filtered Stack Up to Competition?
|Standard Carbon Filter||Zero Water||Invigorated Water|
|Capacity||10 cups||8 cups||8-10 cups||8 cups||8 cups|
|Made in||USA||China||Mexico||Not sure||USA|
|Filter Life||100 gallons||40 gallons||20 gallons||96 gallons||150 gallons
say how much
say how much
say how much
As you can see from the comparison chart above Clearly Filtered is clearly one of the best pitchers on the market. Aquagear and Invigorated water also have good products but they don’t quite filter out the same amount of contaminants that Clearly Filtered does although Aquagear is a close second.
The other thing to notice is the Clearly Filtered offers you full access to their testing data and product information while a lot of these other brands I had to really dig to find information on their products.
It says a lot when a brand is willing to show you their testing data and exact specifications of each product they manufacture. Most of the time this means they really believe in what they have produced.
Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher Pros & Cons
After reviewing most of the details of the product here are the main pros and cons I thought were most appropriate.
- Affinity filtration technology which removes 220+ harmful contaminants
- Independently tested to all NSF standards
- Retains natural minerals and nutrients
- BPA free materials
- Filter lasts for 3-4 months or 100 gallons
- Holds 10 cups
- Made in the USA
- Awesome company and customer service
- Higher priced pitcher on the market at $75
- Replacement filters are $50 apiece every 3 months
We highly recommend the Clearly Filtered Water Pitcher for your home.
After reviewing many other models that you can see on our main review here, Clearly Filtered is our #1 recommendation due to the filter technology and product quality.
They also have an awesome under sink water filter if you’re looking to install a unit for your sink faucet.
Be sure to use our exclusive 10% OFF coupon discount by entering Watertechadvice10 at checkout!